Course Description: Essentials of How Wholesaler-Distributors Make Money© explains how a wholesaler-distributor makes money, how that money is spent, and what it takes to stay in business. This interactive course examines some of the basic components of wholesaler-distributor economics.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain why wholesaler-distributors must make money—and a profit—to remain healthy and stay in business
- Describe how to calculate gross margin, gross margin dollars, and mark-up
- Explain the basic components of the income statement
- Describe how to calculate the “bottom line” of a business
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Adobe Flash recommended. Supported browsers and operating systems:
- Windows 7+:Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+ / Microsoft Edge (not Internet Explorer)
- Mac OS X+:Safari 5+ / Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+
Eligible for the Karl E. Neupert Endowment donor discount.