Course Description: Depending on the work you do, you may be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment. This course provides the fundamental information you need about PPE commonly required by regulatory agencies. You'll learn about the various kinds of workplace hazards that workers face and why specific types of devices are available to provide protection to the head, eyes and face, ears, body, lungs and extremities.
Under OSHA, both you and your employer are responsible for adhering to on-the-job safety requirements. This course informs you of what to expect from your employer and how to select the right PPE for the job.
Runtime: 0.16 Hours
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Follow regulatory and employer requirements for PPE
- Recognize the need for PPE to protect yourself from workplace hazards
- Wear PPE devices that provide a proper fit
- Follow proper maintenance procedures to keep protective devices in good shape
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Adobe Flash recommended. Supported browsers and operating systems:
- Windows 7+:Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+ / Microsoft Edge (not Internet Explorer)
- Mac OS X+:Safari 5+ / Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+