Course Description: Scaffold Safety describes the potential dangers that go along with scaffold use, and also where scaffolds come from, who made them, and so on. Most importantly, this course, Scaffold Safety, provides an understanding of the required safe practices necessary for working near or on scaffolds. The course defines safety requirements for both scaffold work and aerial lifts.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss common types of scaffolds and terms associated with their use.
- Identify hazards associated with scaffolds.
- Recognize who may build and design scaffolds.
- Recognize required safe practices for working on or near scaffolds.
- Identify fall protection requirements specific to work on scaffolds.
- Identify requirements for operating and working in aerial lifts.
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Adobe Flash recommended. Supported browsers and operating systems:
- Windows 7+:Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+ / Microsoft Edge (not Internet Explorer)
- Mac OS X+:Safari 5+ / Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+