Course Description: This course effectively uses animations, videos, quizzes, and audio narrations to ensure that users of the course are understanding and comprehending the content. Ultimately, this course ensures that users will know what to do in a cardiac or respiratory emergency situation and be able to apply the CPR and other useful techniques to save the victims life.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize how to initially respond to a respiratory or cardiac emergency and how to protect yourself if blood is present.
- Recognize the signs of a respiratory emergency and the steps for opening the airway with a head tilt-chin lift maneuver and giving rescue breathing to an adult.
- Recognize the steps for giving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to an adult.
- Recognize the signs of cardiac arrest and the steps for providing early defibrillation with an automated external defibrillator (AED) to an adult.
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Adobe Flash recommended. Supported browsers and operating systems:
- Windows 7+:Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+ / Microsoft Edge (not Internet Explorer)
- Mac OS X+:Safari 5+ / Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+