For enrollees who have a minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience, the Advanced Track allows candidates to apply relevant work experience and move directly into the series of leadership courses and books. If at any time you have questions, we are here to help. Don’t hesitate to contact the MDM team or any of the ASA Education Foundation Staff for help and guidance.
Advanced Track Process
Below is a description of the Advanced Track process and steps you will follow in order to complete your Master’s in Distribution Management.
- Once accepted into the Master of Distribution Management (MDM) Program you will be automatically enrolled in the required leadership courses. You will be asked to take a pre-test to help you determine which elective courses and books to add to your customized curriculum.
- Once you've completed Phase 1, you'll then need to register for the Final Assessment by completing the Final Assessment Registration Form.
- The Final Assessment is an online exam primarily focused on the key components of the Phase 1 (including courses only in the Full Track Phase 1-You will be provided a study guide, but being a seasoned professional, this should be a refresher!)
- Once you have registered for the Final Assessment, it will be available to you at any time and is expected to take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
- Passing the Final Assessment is a prerequisite to the Capstone Project presentation and you must have a passing score of 85%.
- You will give a Capstone Proposal to the Graduate Review Committee (GRC) and present your ideas for your final project. The GRC will give you tips and guidance to ensure your success.
- Your final step takes place six months following the successful completion of the Final Assessment where candidates will be asked to present their Capstone Project.
- You must submit a case study that illustrates how you successfully implemented a strategy or approach within your company which demonstrates your aptitude and understanding about how a Distribution Manager successfully performs on the job.
- You should expect the presentation to be up to 90 minutes in length.
- The GRC will validate the candidate’s knowledge, ability and professionalism, and ultimately present successful candidates with their MDM Certificate!