Course Description: This 20-minute OSHA basic first aid training course describes the correct procedures for various health accidents and emergencies.
The course outlines correct steps to take in burn, electrical burn, spinal and head trauma, poison, excessive heat or cold, and fracture situations and how to recognize and deal with resulting shock.
This OSHA first aid training course includes simulations and videos, which keep the employees taking the course engaged in the information provided. Quizzes help ensure that takers understand the course material and its applications. The course also includes clear audio narration, which help clearly articulate all keep points of this very important issue.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Gather information about the victim to provide an appropriate initial response
- Administer first aid effectively to surface wounds, such as cuts and burns
- Recognize the signs of fractured bones, poisoning and head and spinal injuries
- Respond appropriately to environmental and medical emergencies
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Adobe Flash recommended. Supported browsers and operating systems:
- Windows 7+:Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+ / Microsoft Edge (not Internet Explorer)
- Mac OS X+:Safari 5+ / Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+