International Mechanical Code
The IMC is a model code developed by the International Code Council.
- The final actions on the proposed changes to the 2018 IMC have been completed and are available for review.
- The next cycle for revisions of the IMC begin in January 2021 with the following critical deadlines:
- Call for Committee applications need to be submitted by June initial proposals for changes required to be submitted by June 1, 2021. To apply click here. ASA has submitted an application to serve on the Committee. January 11. 2021.
- Proposed changes to the IMC need to be submitted by January 11, 2021. ASA will be collecting proposals for change up until October 1, 2020 for review and final approval by the ASA Codes Committee prior to submittal to ICC.
- To access the complete code cycle timeline click here.
Uniform Mechanical Code
The UMC is a model code developed by the International Association of Plumbing & Mechanical Officials (IAPMO). It is currently under review for updates to be included in in 2021 publication of the model code. The following provides background on the review process activities:
Uniform Solar, Hydronics and Geothermal Model Code
The USHGC is a model code developed by IAPMO. It is at the early stages of review for the 2021 publication cycle with public comments being accepted through March 4th. Jim Kendzel, ASA VP of Advocacy serves as a voting member on the Technical Committee. The following provides background on the review process and cycle timelines: