This course provides information regarding the control of hazardous energy and work under the protection of a lockout/tagout permit. The intent of the course is to provide basic information on lockout/tagout practices and the significance of lockout/tagout devices that help identify and control hazardous energy sources.
After successfully completion this course, you will be able to:
Note: This 45 minute course does NOT contain audio. You must read the text. Please be patient while the course loads.
- Define lockout/tagout terms
- Identify the purpose and use of the lockout/tagout program
- Identify the general requirements of lockout/tagout
- Identify the limitations of tags used in the lockout/tagout program
- Identify the hazards and consequences of operating machines or equipment that have been locked out or tagged out