Course Description: Essentials of Profitable Outside Sales in Distribution© explains the role of outside sales in wholesale distribution. For many companies, outside salespeople often serve as the company’s face to the customer, and generating income and revenue is their primary role. Today, outside sales professionals are taking on greater responsibility for their company’s profitability. This course provides an in-depth understanding of the requirements for and the role of the modern outside sales professional.
Runtime: 4.0 Hours
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand why wholesaler-distributors must make money—and a profit—to remain healthy and stay in business
- Discuss an outside sales representative’s expected outcomes, job duties, and requirements
- Explain how to generate sales and increase profit
- Demonstrate the steps in the outside sales process
- Demonstrate how to create an effective outside sales call
- Demonstrate effective time management
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Adobe Flash recommended. Supported browsers and operating systems:
- Windows 7+:Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+ / Microsoft Edge (not Internet Explorer)
- Mac OS X+:Safari 5+ / Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+
Eligible for the Karl E. Neupert Endowment donor discount.