Course Description: When head protection is recommended, failure to comply can result in serious brain injuries. This course discusses high-level information on PPE headgear that's often included in regulatory requirements. We will discuss various ways in which workers can suffer head injuries, including impact from falling objects, bumping into stationary objects and hitting the head during a fall. Hard hats are designed to lessen the effects of such accidents. You will learn about hard hat characteristics and some special types of hats designed for particular uses and various accessories that can be attached to hard hats. We also cover the proper use of hard hats, regular inspection requirements, proper fit and care and storage.
Under OSHA, both you and your employer are responsible for adhering to requirements for worker head protection. This course informs you of what to expect from your employer and how to select the right hat for the job.
Runtime: 0.16 Hours
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Follow regulatory and employer requirements for PPE headgear
- Recognize the need for PPE to protect the head from impact
- Wear PPE devices that provide a proper fit
- Follow proper maintenance procedures to keep hard hats usable
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Adobe Flash recommended. Supported browsers and operating systems:
- Windows 7+:Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+ / Microsoft Edge (not Internet Explorer)
- Mac OS X+:Safari 5+ / Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+