Course Description: Is conflict an ongoing battle in your organization? Apparently, it is for most. A recent study reveals that 85 percent of employees experience conflict at work—a staggering 2.8 hours each week—ranging from mild squabbles with teammates to explosive disagreements between managers. Let's face it. Conflict isn't going to become obsolete anytime soon. But individuals can learn how to handle it maturely and collaboratively with insight, knowledge, and the proper skills. And better yet, organizations can actually benefit from conflict in the form of increased productivity and improved relationships; that is, when it's managed successfully. Taking Control of Conflict: How to Resolve and Minimize Workplace Disputes introduces the different types of conflict, shows individuals how to communicate clearly and tactfully, explores appropriate resolution strategies, and establishes a common-sense approach for preventing unnecessary conflict.
Runtime: 1.25 Hours
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify your preferred strategy for handling conflict
- Understand the characteristics and drawbacks of each typical approach to conflict
- Recognize the various sources of conflict that most often occur in the workplace
- Implement strategies for effectively resolving conflicts that stem from each source
- Practice behaviors that minimize tension and conflict
- Proactively address issues before hey escalate into problems
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Flash Player recommended. Enable pop-ups.