This 21-minute interactive overview lesson focuses on some of the types of pipe, valves, and fittings used to make up the systems in the Central Chiller Plant.
Students successfully completing this lesson will be able to:
· Explain how a pipe schedule is used.
· List the types of pipe ends used with steel piping.
· Describe the three functions of a triple duty valve.
· Identify the difference among various types of valves.
· Evaluate when to use threaded joints or welded joints in a piping system.