This 20-minute interactive overview lesson reviews both the chiller water and condenser water piping systems, but focuses on how pumps and equipment are used to create the internal force within the system.
Students successfully completing this lesson will be able to:
- Explain the significance of pump head.
- List the three main parts of a circulating pump.
- Define three important characteristics of a pump system: pressure, friction, and flow.
- Identify the correct pump for a system using pump performance curves
- Identify the optimal operating point of a centrifugal pump using a graph.
- Differentiate between static head and pump head and explain how each affects pump operations.
Availability: In stock