This 10 minute interactive overview lesson focuses on how a chiller removes heat from liquid so it can be circulated through a heat exchanger to cool air or equipment as required. Students successfully completing this lesson will be able to:
· Describe the role that a chiller plays in a chilled water system.
· List the main components of a commercial chiller and explain the function of each component.
· Discuss two advantages of using multiple chillers.
· Recognize the different types of piping materials, valves and fittings used in a commercial chiller plant.
· Indicate three different types of compressors.
Donors to the Karl E. Neupert Endowment Fund are eligible for a 25% discount on this publication. If you or your company qualifies for this discount, it will automatically be applied at the time of check out.