MDM TRACK PROCESS
Below is a description of the MDM Track process and steps you will follow in order to complete your Master’s in Distribution Management.
- Once accepted into the Master of Distribution Management (MDM) Program you will be automatically enrolled in the Training Track for the First Phase.
- You will be sent a welcome packet that will include The Art of Supervising and Motivating People, one of the required reading books.
- You will need to obtain the other Required Books listed, which you can find the links to HERE.
- You will also want to Register for the UID Workshop as soon as possible, as it often sells out! The UID Workshop takes place in March and Registration begins in October.
- After you have acquired the books and started your online courses, the next step is to fill out the Elective Courses Form.
- You need to list the Course Name and the Source of the course, it doesn't have to be through ASA University (You can do Company-Specific Training, no more than 30 hrs, local college courses, or other Association courses that are relevant to the MDM Program).
- If you need help coming up with ideas of what to do for your elective courses, there is a Suggestions Page with a list of Recommendations, or you can contact an ASA Education Foundation Staff member and we'd be happy to help.
- Once you have filled out the form, both you and your mentor must sign off on it.
- If you have already completed the 30 hours of Company-Specific Training then you need to have your Manager/Supervisor fill out the Company-Specific Training Form attached to the Elective Courses Form.
- After completing the First, Second, and Third Phases, your next step is to Register for the Assessment by completing the Assessment Registration Form.
- The Final Assessment is a 100 question online exam primarily focused on the key components of the e-Learning requirements.
- The MDM Study Guide is available for you to test your knowledge before taking the Final Assessment.
- Once you have registered for the Final Assessment, it will be available to you at any time and is expected to take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
- Passing the Final Assessment is a prerequisite to the Capstone Project presentation and you must have a passing score of 85%.
- Your final step takes place six months following the successful completion of the Final Assessment where candidates will be asked to present their Capstone Project.
- You must submit a case study that illustrates how you successfully implemented a strategy or approach within your company which demonstrates your aptitude and understanding about how a Distribution Manager successfully performs on the job.
- The presentation may be submitted in writing as a thesis, presented in person along with a written overview/outline, or a combination of both as directed by their internal management.
- You should expect the presentation to be up to 90 minutes in length.
- All Candidates must appear before the Graduate Review Committee (GRC) to respond to questions whether presenting in person or in writing.
- The GRC will validate the candidate’s knowledge, ability and professionalism, and ultimately present successful candidates with their MDM Certification!