Course Description: This interactive training course compares and contrasts the different generation eras. It explains how people born in the radio era are more likely to avoid confrontation with employers, whereas people born in the 1970s-1990s are more confrontational and straight forward. This training sheds insight on how managers should respond to conflicts throughout the workplace depending on the age group. Optimizing generational effectiveness in the workplace is an essential skill to increase work productivity. This course provides managers with helpful tips on hiring and training various generational groups. It also sheds insight on how to "bridge the gap" between generational differences. This course provides information on how to create a friendly and comfortable work environment, while still maintaining the "manager's hat".
Runtime: 1.5 Hours
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn the differences and similarities of each of the five generations in the workplace to work together more effectively
- Learn how each generation communicates, and how they like communication directed at them
- Understand the main causes of conflict among the generations and the consequences of unresolved issues
- Determine how to include all generations on a team into an inclusive group
- Learn the benefits of hiring a diverse-age workforce
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Adobe Flash recommended. Chrome, Firefox, and all versions of IE (play in compatibility view for IE 10 and 11).