Course Description: Essentials of Profitable Inside Sales in Distribution© provides critical knowledge and skills training for inside sales professionals who want to improve their performance and profitability. It provides a real-world, in-depth, but highly understandable explanation of the expanded role of inside sales. In this expanded role, the inside sales professional takes more responsibility for generating sales and making sure that sales are profitable. The course provides a solid grounding in the basics of profitable sales, exceptional customer service, effective communication, and key business values and skills.
Runtime: 3.0 Hours
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the traditional roles played by outside and inside sales in a distribution business and explain why the inside sales role is expanding
- Explain why customer services is defined by the customer
- Demonstrate knowledge of the eight steps for handling problem customers effectively
- Explain the connection between gross margin dollars and profitability
- List several ways to turn an unprofitable sale into a profitable one
- Discuss the five steps in a sales call and explain the importance of each
- Explain why communication is the key to effective selling
- Describe the process of prospecting for new customers
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Adobe Flash recommended.
Eligible for the Karl E. Neupert Endowment donor discount.