Course Description: Essentials of Profitable Counter Sales for Wholesaler-Distributors© provides an overview of how counter people contribute to a profitable wholesale distribution operation. Beginning with an explanation of how a wholesaler-distributor delivers value to its customers, the course moves quickly to defining the key role the counter plays in making the business profitable. The course also includes an in-depth look at key distribution concerns such as gross sales, net sale, margin, and mark-up. Critical concerns such as pricing, addressing the needs of various customers, the role of documents and accurate form completion, and how to deliver exceptional customer service are also covered. The course wraps up with an explanation of merchandising and a discussion of the importance of continuous learning.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of counter sales in wholesale distribution
- Discuss how to generate sales and profit
- Describe how product returns and exchanges are handled
- Demonstrate ways to provide exceptional customer service
- List ways to overcome price objections, use suggestive selling, and handle unhappy customers
- Discuss ways to merchandise the counter sales area
- Describe ways to become an essential counter professional
Online System Requirements:
For the best experience, we recommend using Google Chrome. Adobe Flash recommended. Supported browsers and operating systems:
- Windows 7+:Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+ / Microsoft Edge (not Internet Explorer)
- Mac OS X+:Safari 5+ / Firefox 11+ / Chrome 18+
Eligible for the Karl E. Neupert Endowment donor discount.